Furano AT A GLANCE:
- Furano is on the Island of Hokkaido, Japan's north island.
- Sapporo is the major city on Hokkaido & this is the most common place to fly into if going to Furano.
- You can also fly into a smaller regional airport in Asahikawa.
- Furano is a 2 hour drive from Sapporo's New Chitose Airport (CTS), and just 1 hour from the Asahikawa airport (AKJ)
- Furano is the second largest ski town on Hokkaido, after Niseko. The single ski area is large and steep for Hokkaido standards.
- total lifts, 1 gondola, and a 101 person tram service the 2 zones of the Furano Ski Resort.
- Furano is a less crowded ski town that has an impressive mountain and variety of lodging options. A great place if you are looking for to experience a more authentic piece of Hokkaido without comprimsong any terrain or snow quality.
Furano Is a more laid back alternative to Niseko. A local's ski town in the heart of Hokkaido with multiple ski areas nearby and all the pow you could ever want.
“Furano is Hokkaido's local ski town. ”
Furano is a great base for your interior Hokkaido powder chasing. Enjoy the laid back village and the easy access to multiple mountains.
There are two Prince Hotels in Furano: the old Prince and the New Prince Hotel. Each fits a different budget, but both live up to the standards of the reputable Prince Hotel name.
Want a Japanese ski town without the crowds? Furano is the town and the Prince Hotels have you covered.