madarao Resort at a glance:
- Madarao Mountain Resort is located in the Nagano Prefecture on Japan's main island, Honshu.
- Tokyo is on the island of Honshu and this is the easiest city to fly in to if going to Madaro.
- Tokyo has two main airports, Narita (NRT) and Haneda (HND). Madarao is a 4 hour drive from Tokyo.
- A new stop on the Shinkansen (bullet train) line is right by Madarao Mountain Resort and this journey takes only 1.5 hours. It s the best way to get to Madarao.
- The Madarao Kogen Hotel is at the base of the mountain and offers food, an onsen (hot spring) and skiing access.
- 10 lifts, terrain park, and tree skiing is accepted but not expressly allowed.
- Madarao is not crowded and somewhat undiscovered by foreigners skiing Japan.
- Tangram Ski Circus is attached to Madarao Mountain Resort and with an upgraded lift ticket doubles the skiable terrain.
- Madaro is close to other ski destination in the Nagano Prefecture including Nozawa Onsen and Hakuba.
Madarao Mountain resort is the undiscovered japan that you want to experience. A new bullet train line will connect Iiyama (madarao) with tokyo this summer to make it one of the most accessible resorts in japan.
“Experience real japan and ride without crowds”
The Nagano Prefecture is where you will find Japan's real mountains, the Japanese Alps. This is also the setting of the 1998 Winter Olympics. What sets Nagano apart form other skiing destinations in Japan is the variation in terrain and variety of resorts that you can visit within the prefecture. Here you can find crowded ski towns with lift lines of foreigners, or you can find yourself immersed in a more authentic Japanese experience. The snow quality is still best in the world, but at Madarao Mountain Resort you can enjoy snorkeling through legendary Japanese powder without the foreign crowds. The new Shinkansen line to Iiyama will get you to Madarao from Tokyo quicker and easier than nearly any other resort in Japan.
The mountain has steeps, some backcountry options, and lets you ski in the trees. If you feel you need some more room to roam, Madarao mountain is connected to Tangram Ski Circus and a ticket upgrade will double your in-bounds terrain.
This is where powder lovers will be flocking to next. Get there first and see a true Japanese ski resort.