Yubari RESORT AT A GALNCE:
- Yubari is on the Island of Hokkaido, Japan's north island.
- Sapporo is the major city on Hokkaido & this is the easiest place to fly into if going to Yubari.
- The main Sapporo airport is south of the city in the town of Chitose. It is the New Chitose Airport (CTS).
- In fact, Yubari is the closest noteworthy ski resort to the New Chitose airport.
- Yubari is 55 Km northwest of the New Chitose airport and 60 Km east of Sapporo. A shuttle runs to and from the airport, white the Yubari train station is in the Hotel parking lot.
- Yubari is the region name, town name, and name of the overall resort that includes two hotels and ski resort.
- The main hotel of the Yubari Resort is the Hotel Mount Racey and this is at the base of the Mount Racey ski area.
There is no resort in japan better suited to begin or end a larger Japan trip.
“Mount Racey will give you a glimpse of what it is like to ski your own private ski area”
Yubari Resort is one of those places that you just happen across while traveling and then keep returning to every year. It is easy to get to and just plain relaxing. The train quite literally drops you off in the parking lot. The hotel is then connected to the gondola via a covered bridge, and you will never feel the pressure to get first chair and first tracks because well... all of your tracks will be first tracks. Once you have had your fill of playful and powdery tree skiing, then spend a few runs ripping the GS course, the mogul zipper line, or the surprisingly well-maintained terrain park. Don't forget to hone your turning skills on a smooth groomer run in true Japanese fashion and then snack on some famous Yubari Melon bread. Eat some dinner, marvel at the amazing assortment of melon bear (the Yubari mascot) merchandise, ski a few laps under the lights at night and then finish the day in an open air onsen.
Yubari Resort will be your new favorite place on Hokkaido.